CONGRATULATIONS ON STARTING OR RENEWING YOUR HOMESCHOOL JOURNEY! Please follow these instructions to enroll for the first time in our cover school. To RENEW, please skip down to our renewal instructions.
1. Download and Print the following forms that correspond to the county in which you live. If your county is not listed, please use the “Other Counties” form.
New Hope Academy
301 Water St.
Prattville, AL 36067
If you send them by mail, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope so that we can return your copy to you. You may also bring them in person to the address above.
2. Once you have downloaded and completed these forms, you may return them by scanning and e-mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
OR you may send them to New Hope Academy at the address above.
3. You may pay your $35 fee per child ($105 for family fee — three or more children) by check, money order, cash or the payment form here.
4. The director will sign your forms and return a copy of the Church School Enrollment Form to you through email OR through snail mail if you have sent a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Please keep this copy in a safe place, as it verifies that you are home schooling your child.
5. You may not withdraw your child from a public or private school without having the Church School Enrollment Form with you. Please call Kathy at 334-361-9505 should you have any questions about this process.
6. You will automatically be added to our homeschool emailing list to receive information about deadlines, graduation, important events, etc. If you do not want to be added to this list, please let Mrs. Kathy know.
Renewing for the coming school year is easy! All renewals are due by Labor Day of the new school year, regardless of the month you paid in the previous year. Renewals are $35 per child, ($105 for family, which is three or more children) and can easily be paid through our PayPal link. Once the deadline has passed, fees rise to $40 for one child and $110 per family. Once we receive your fee, we will automatically update your enrollment forms and send you a copy. IF THERE ARE CHANGES TO YOUR ADDRESS, YOU MUST SUBMIT A NEW ENROLLMENT FORM. IF YOU ARE ADDING A CHILD(REN), YOU MUST SUBMIT A NEW ENROLLMENT FORM. Please call the school if you have any questions, or email us at email@example.com
We no longer complete transcripts or report cards for homeschooled students. Unfortunately, the amount of falsified courses and grades has risen tremendously over these past two years, and New Hope cannot and will not be held responsible for certifying transcripts and report cards that contain false information.
Parents of homeschooled students are the official teachers and have every right to create and certify a transcript for their child. Public schools and colleges will accept transcripts and report cards from parents as the certifying authority. And creating a transcript or report card is not difficult!
Also, here is a site for making report cards and keeping records.
New Hope Academy will still be glad to issue a diploma upon acceptance of a transcript verified by the parent. The parent will also be the certifying authority on the diploma. For students who are on an alternate course path, we will be glad to assist you with ideas for creating transcripts. However, we ourselves cannot make the transcript for you. We will continue to offer a formal graduation ceremony as well.
You can also take a look at this excellent FAQ article about homeschool diplomas.